In addition to our services being used by many individuals with mental health issues and learning disabilities, there are some specific medical conditions where a daily check is especially valuable. In each case, we aim to help individuals retain their independence.
Our daily monitoring also helps detect if needs are changing. Thus, if a condition deteriorates this is then a prompt to consider additional support requirements.
The kinds of conditions where our services can provide major support through our daily wellbeing checks include:
- Alzheimer’s and other Dementias – if a person becomes more forgetful or disorientated an alarm may become less useful if he or she forgets to wear one, or indeed forgets to press one when required. While those more independent can press the OKEachDay button, it is absolutely fine if anyone forgets – we will just call them to check on their wellbeing.
- Diabetes – controlling insulin levels is critical to managing the condition and is sometimes difficult to achieve. There is always the risk of a diabetic coma, which is a greater concern for those who live on their own. A daily check (once, or more than once a day) provides reassurance that action will be taken if there is no response.
- Epilepsy – most seizures do not have serious consequences, however there is a risk of injury or a loss of consciousness in some cases. As with other conditions, this is potentially more serious for someone who lives on their own.
- Increased frailty – although not a specific medical condition, frailty does bring an increasing health risk, most notably a greater risk of falling. Whilst many possess a pendant alarm for this reason, a very high proportion are known not to wear the device most of the time. Knowing there is a ‘safety net’ of daily contact helps individuals stay in their home for longer.
OKEachDay helps in the following ways:
- Provides daily confirmation everything is fine and an escalation process if there is no contact
- The system proactively identifies if there is a problem – instead of relying on ‘no news is good news’
- Detects changing needs over time, which in turn helps identify additional needs. We can highlight if a health issue is improving or deteriorating
- We provide birthday cards and Christmas cards to our customers to reinforce our support and show we care
To find out more about how OKEachDay can help call us on 0808 208 1234 or email email@example.com.
Go back to all OKEachDay services.