As we begin 2022, the challenges facing the social housing sector have never been greater. There are multiple demands, all requiring significant change in the way housing providers operate their services.
Challenges in the social housing sector include:
- Implementing recommendations of the Social Housing White Paper , which was published on the 17th November 2020 by the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government
- Managing properties with an increasingly older resident population. In 2021, The House of Commons expected people aged 65 and over to account for 24% of the population by 2043, an increase of one fifth compared with today.
- Responding to changes in fire safety recommendations that was brought about by the Grenfell Tower Fire on 14th June 2017. This also includes ensuring all properties are fitted with smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Transitioning services that will be affected by Digital Switchover 2025, such as making the switch from traditional analogue hardwired alarms to a more digitally enhanced housing management service.
Over the forthcoming weeks we will tackle these issues in a series of articles.
2021 was a busy year for Alertacall as we further developed our range of services to enable social landlords to create more digitally connected homes. Over the year, our team worked hard to ensure our services continued to provide a digital and cost-effective alternative to traditional hardwired alarm systems in supported accommodation. Development highlights included, updates to our video door entry system to improve resident safety and security; upgrades to our repairs reporting app on the touchcreen device; and WiFi deployment to solve issues of digital exclusion.
Last year we also launched Alertacall’s demo suite’ to showcase to housing professionals our full Digital Switchover solution in real-time. Hundreds of social housing providers joined us for these one-to-one virtual or in-person sessions, and we’ve received outstanding feedback. We look forward to giving more people an introduction to our services in 2022 with our demo suite.
In 2022 we are going even further. We are introducing even more features to our Housing Proactive service to enable residents to feel safer and more secure at home. These include:
- Alertacall’s new anti-social behaviour reporting app will be given free to all housing providers using the Alertacall touchscreen system.
- A video calling feature will be able to host three way conversations.
- Messaging capabilities will be enhanced to increase customer satisfaction and enable easier ways of seeking resident feedback for housing organisations.
We wish you every success in 2022. and if what we do can help you and your team achieve your 2022 objectives, get in touch with Alertacall to arrange a no obligation demo by clicking here.